Friday, August 15, 2008

part 2

It was dark, everything around me was pitch black. I didn't know where I was or what I was. I just existed.
I can't remember a lot of the 'dark times', as I call them, because I couldn't see or hear anything for a long time. I don't know how long it actually was, but from what I know now I guess it was several days. Several days, in which I only existed, and in which I didn't know if I was dead or alive.
Then things changed. There was still pure blackness around me, but I started hearing things, words, sentences, monologues. It was a very familiar voice, I knew I had heard it before, but I didn't know who it was. It sounded like a boy or a young man. He talked to me.He told me of a different world, a world I guessed I used to belong to, before this blackness came over me. He told me things of this world, of probably my former life, of his life and very often of something called Bon Jovi. I didn't know what it was, but he told me a lot about it. I had the strange feeling the man had known my former me. And in my former life this Bon Jovi-thing must have been important I guess.
Then came another change. The man couldn't talk to me always, he said he had to go to work, whatever that was. But before he went away he made me hear something else, that sounded in my head while he was gone. It was a different voice, but also a man's voice. And he was talking in a very strange way to me. And there were also other noises that somehow sounded in consonance with his voice. They sort of adaptet to his voice and made it sound even more pretty. At some point I must have realized that he was singing, and that it was music, that played in my head. I guess that was the first time I remembered something.
When he sang, it was so nice and familiar and I didn't feel alone anymore when the first man was gone. No, actually, I felt safe.And the more often the man talked to me and the more the other one sang to me, the more my surroundings became clearer. It wasn't pitch black anymore, sometimes it was as if it was light actually, but it was as if there was a curtain in front of my eyes.

No comments: