Friday, August 15, 2008

part 3

Soon a part of my memory got back.
From one second to the next I suddenly knew who I was or rather who I had been. I used to be a girl named Sarah, and those voices who talked and sang to me, I knew them both, although I could not yet tell who they were. But I definitely knew they were familiar.
I also heard more than the voices now. When the first man spoke, there was a faint beeping in the background, but I couldn't imagine what it was. And every now and then I could hear other voices, speaking to the man I knew. I didn't know what they were actually talking about, it was something about 'awakening' and 'only two more weeks left', but I couldn't find the linking of the different words. I knew the meaning was somewhere in front of me, but I couldn't get a hold of it, not yet.
But then the man told me about what they had been talking, and he said they had been talking about me. That I was sleeping for so long now, and that I really had to wake up now.
That was about the time, when I realized for the first time, what the words of the music really meant. Before, I couldn't catch the words and the meaning, I only listened to it and it sounded nice. But now I knew what the man was singing about. I understood the stories he told and the feelings he described. Still I thought the voice was familiar, and still I couldn't tell who it was.
But then, when I listened to this one song, a certain succession of words, suddenly everything came back.

No comments: