Friday, August 15, 2008

part 5

Another four weeks had past now, and I was as healthy as I could be.
I spent all the time I had since my awakening, with Matt. He had stopped working and we got some orphan's pension, so we could live on that for a while. We often visited our parents' graves and spent hours sitting at their side and telling them what happend in our lives, while they were up in heaven.
I guessed they were ok, where they were now and it was just a matter of time until we would see them again. But it was just not my time yet and there were so many things I still wanted to do. First of all, I wanted to thank two people. I had thanked Matt for being at my side all the time but he had just answered that it was the greatest gift for him that I finally woke up so I shouldn't thank him. I was thankful still.And then I wanted to thank him. Him, who had also talked to me while I needed him and who somehow also made me come back to life.
So I wrote him a letter and told him about what had happend. I told it from my point of view and how his voice had been significant for me to remember who I was and that he had actually told me to open my eyes. (Matt had told me afterwards that he had never said something like that, so I must have imagined that I heard him say so.)
I wrote him that I would be thankful for the rest of my life , that he had been at my side and that I just wanted him to know how important his music could be for some people and that he and the rest of the band should never stop doing what they do, because there would always be at least one girl who would listen to what he had to say.
I hadn't been a fanatic before, and I wouldn't turn into one now, don't get me wrong. I just wanted to give him back a little bit of what he gives to everyone. I soon forgot about that letter, as I didn't await a response. I knew that it was pure luck if he would actually even get the letter, but I wanted to have tried so nevertheless.

No comments: